01 December 2006

December Already

I can’t believe how quickly time goes by. We’ve only been RVing for a little over 18 months and we’ve made 2 ½ roundtrips of the country. I keep forgetting all the stuff we’ve seen and all the experiences we’ve had. I have to keep going back and rereading my blogs to remember all the places.

The last couple of months brought us back the East Coast for a funeral of a dear friend and we’ve been staying in places we’ve been before and haven’t really done much new, which is why the blogs haven’t been coming. We do have some plans for the coming months to see and do new stuff, but it won’t be quite the whirlwind that first 18 months were.

All in all, not much is new or news worthy. We had a good Thanksgiving, Bill and I drove back up to PA to spend it with his family, we flew the guys out so they could be a part of it as well. It all went off well and it was a good visit for everyone. Bill and I took a couple days getting back (we didn’t take the RV with us, so it was hotels). We decided to swing out to the outer banks of North Caroline and stay in Hatteras, NC. We go there, both agreed that it wasn’t nearly as cool or pretty as everyone made it out to be, so we left. It’s flat and salty. Like Bill said, when you’ve lived on one of the world’s most dramatic coastlines (the Southern Oregon Coast) it’s hard to be impressed by flat salt marshes.

Anyway, we left there and ended up spending an overnight just south of Fayetteville, NC and drove to the South Carolina coast the next day. The place we’re staying was supposed to bring our house back out on the 29th, but screwed up our reservation with both our spot and the storage and didn’t have us scheduled to come back till 1 December. After getting that all figured out, they brought out house and parked it sidewise on the lot, so we ended up having to hitch up and reset it anyway. They offered to do it for us but Bill told them he didn’t want them touching our house again…can’t blame him. So we spent the 29th driving here, arguing with the people at the front desk about when we were supposed to return, resetting our house and tracking down my package that got lost in their system (long story, they tried to tell me they didn’t have it, UPS said they did…they finally found it after I told them they could just pay me the $150.00 worth of materials I had sent to me and that I would even provide them with the email receipt proving they lost $150.00 worth of my merchandise…funny how that lit that the fire).

After all of that, we are here, we are set down (straight in our site) and I have my package. All’s well that ends well.