09 July 2006

Yellowstone with the Fam

Tomorrow, the 10th will mark four weeks that we’ve been in Montana. Where does the time go? I can’t believe that we’ve already been here that long. We’ve really been enjoying ourselves and of course being reminded on a daily basis why we love it here.

I had some family come out over the 4th of July and that of course kept us all very busy. Trying to see Yellowstone in a short period of time is hard, it’s huge and there is SO much to see. I ended up picking my favorite features and showing them those, hopefully they enjoyed their trip and have some cool memories to take along their way. I’m not going to go into detail about their visit because this is a public forum and their lives are theirs to keep private. I will say these things:

1 – It was totally cool to see my Niece-In-Law get her Junior Ranger Patch from Yellowstone National Park and she did it all on her own with no help from the adults. It was also a blast spending girl-time and kid-time with her. The foot race was something I’ll likely never forget.

2 – I played horseshoes for the first time ever with my Brother-In-Law and we had a blast. We played for over 3 hours, we were both sore and I was sunburnt…but it was so much fun. All I have to say to him about that is…”In Your Face, oh yours is closer…huh…at least I was loud about it” Keep them bouncing, I’ll keep them rollin.

3 – I really enjoyed the alone minutes I had with my sister when other people were otherwise occupied so we could do some catching up, and just general chatting. And to her I’ll say, “There are some ants here that would like some Doritos…think you can help them out? Spasmodic Geyser…that’s all I’m sayin.”

4 – Fluxx and Pig are awesome, if you don’t know what they are…too bad for you!

I’m going to leave their visit at that because again, their lives are their own to keep private.

Bill and I only took the cameras with us when we went out to show them the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center (http://www.grizzlydiscoveryctr.com/). Bill got some really nice shots of the wolves, which I’m going to post in an entirely separate blog since this one is already getting long. In that same blog I would like to compare some pics that we have taken of Yellowstone in the past with pics that my Brother-In-Law took this year to show how much Yellowstone changes from year to year. People who say they’ve been to Yellowstone when they were younger, I say: “Go Back, it’s never the same experience twice.”

That’s all for now, I’ll post again really soon with pics of the wolves.
;-)K