13 June 2006

Badlands Part One


On the 11th we grabbed the cameras and hit the roads into The Badlands National Park. We spent the entire day driving around and taking pictures.

Neither Bill nor I expected the Badlands to be as awesome as they are, by that I mean, we both expected it to be a one day drive through to see it all then be bored the rest of the time. This has not been the case. The scenery in the Badlands changes minute-by-minute and day-by-day. It’s never been the same experience twice and we’ve been into the park multiple times so far. Different lighting brings out different colors and shades in the rock formations.

I can’t really think of how to describe the Badlands, it’s truly (like so many things) just something you have to experience. Mostly I think I’m going to let the pictures speak for themselves.

We drove out on one of the dirt roads that lead out to the Prairie Dog Town and the Bison Heard but I’m going to save those pics for another post. We had the most awesome experience today with the Bison but didn’t have our cameras. Isn’t that the way, the most awesome stuff always happens to us when we don’t have our cameras. I told Bill we should leave them at home more often. Anyway, I’ll share the Bison and Prairie Dog pics during that post.

At the end of another incredible day in the Badlands, I made Bill drive into Interior (population 67) to take a couple pictures that I found particularly funny. I’m not going to explain why I find these funny, if you don’t get it; I’m not explaining it.

That’s about it for this post. I’ll be posting again soon with some sunset pictures, and of course with the story about today that totally rocked without the cameras.

;-)K